Rookwood General Cemetery invites individual and group proposals for HIDDEN Rookwood Films 2020.
Entry is free. Proposals are open to emerging, mid-career and established artists for new or existing works that relate to the exhibition’s themes.
We are looking for video works that respond to the cemetery and engage with HIDDEN’s themes of history, culture, remembrance, diversity, love, mourning, spirituality, cycles of life and the passage of time. Videos should be a maximum of 4 minutes. Videos longer than 4 minutes may be considered, but if selected the artist may be requested to reduce the length for inclusion in the program.
Complete the Application Form below to submit a proposals (printable PDFs also available below). Artists can discuss ideas with the curator before submitting firstname.lastname@example.org
Key dates 2020
- 6 April Proposal applications close
- 8 May Successful notification to artists
- 30 June Final artist statement / videos due
- 19 September Launch
- 19 September – 18 October HIDDEN Exhibition
Awards and honorariums
- $200 per artwork
- Rookwood Films Award - $2,000
- Western Sydney Artist Award - $1,000
- Cumberland Council Professional Development Award - valued at $1,000 (+ $200 for materials)
- First Nations Artist Award - $1,000
- People's Choice Award - $500
- Staff Choice Award - $300
If you are having difficulties with this online form please contact the Marketing Department on 02 8575 8100 or email email@example.com