HIDDEN Rookwood Sculptures is Rookwood General Cemetery’s annual public arts program
HIDDEN was established in 2009 to encourage the public to visit and explore Rookwood – the oldest, largest and most multicultural cemetery in Australia. Each year the exhibition attracts over 4,000 visitors and significant media coverage. It is a unique opportunity for artists and the community to engage in the cemetery’s contemporary relevance, cultural practices and evocative sense of place.
HIDDEN is an outdoor sculptural exhibition that steps outside the notion of mainstream galleries and typical outdoor sculpture exhibitions.
KEY DATES 2020
- 6 April Proposal applications close
- 8 May Successful notification to artists
- June Site visits with the curator
- 30 June Final artist statement / forms / videos due
- 31 August - 1 September Students installation
- 2 - 9 September Sculptures installation
- 19 September Launch
- 19 September – 18 October HIDDEN Exhibition
- 19 – 25 October Deinstallation
More information coming soon.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive updates.