The first artwork in HIDDEN is on the Village Green at the northern end of Hawthorne Avenue, Rookwood Cemetery. Please come to the Rookwood General Cemeteries Reserve Trust (RGCRT) office first to collect your catalogue/guide/map.
The exhibition is open from sunrise to sunset, every day.
Catalogues and visitor's guides are available from the RGCRT office during office hours:
- Monday to Friday, 7.30am - 5.00pm
- Saturday to Sunday, 9.00am - 4.00pm
- Public Holiday - Monday 3 October - closed (maps will be available at the front door, catalogues will be available from the Friends of Rookwood stall opposite the office from 10.30am - 1pm only)
For more information on how to get to Rookwood and the RGCRT office, please visit the Rookwood Cemetery website.
Parking is available opposite the RGCRT office, opposite the All Souls Chapel and along Hawthorne Avenue. HIDDEN is a sculptural WALK ONLY. For the safety of all of our visitors, please do not drive around the exhibition.
Dogs are permitted on leash throughout the Cemetery.
This year we have included some new information on our map to help you navigate your way around the site:
- Curator's suggested route - it is approx 2.2km so make sure you are wearing good walking shoes
- Wheelchair accessible works - there are 8 works with suitable access from the roadways
- Interactive works - instructions on how you can participate in the artwork are below the artist's name in orange
1. Madeleine Challender - The Office of the Imagination will be tended by the artist on the following days:
- Saturday 1 October, 11 - 2pm
- Friday 7 October, 11 - 2pm
- Sat 8 October, 11 - 2pm
- Sunday 9 October, 11 - 2pm
- Friday 14 October, 11 - 2pm
15. Nina Knezevic - BYO picnic blanket, food and drinks and join Nina at Mourning Picnic on Sundays 25 September and 2 / 9 /16 / 23 October.